Sr. IT Engineer/Architect, Production IT
Title: Sr. IT Engineer/Architect, Production IT
Department: Data Center Ops
Type: Full Time / Permanent
This position is primarily responsible for the IT architecture, infrastructure, processes, and procedures required to support CyberGrants’ Production environment.
This position requires both the technical “hands-on” skills and experience related to Production IT practices, methods, and trends along with project management/leadership capability necessary to analyze, recommend, plan, implement, and manage our various infrastructure projects.
The ideal candidate will possess strong knowledge and experience with Linux System Administration, AWS Cloud Deployment, Virtualization, DevOps, and SaaS Platform Management.
This position reports to the Director, IT.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support key goals/mission of the CyberGrants IT Operations (ITOps) department:
- Ensure the Availability, Responsiveness, Integrity, and Security of CyberGrants Production and Corporate Systems.
- Work Collaboratively with Other Departments to Address Needs of CyberGrant's Clients in a Timely Manner.
- Continually Work to Improve Productivity Throughout the Entire Company
- Improve IT Cost Effectiveness
- Improve IT Ops Processes/Culture - Process Oriented, Metric Driven, Responsive, Transparent
- Ensure the effective operation of the Production IT infrastructure – including but not limited to system operation, reliability, availability, performance, backups, redundancy, security, maintenance, hardware, software, and configuration. This infrastructure includes:
- All production systems and servers (on-premise, co-lo, and cloud-based).
- The production network.
- Ensure that the Production IT infrastructure meets the requirements for business continuity – participating in business continuity and disaster recovery governance meetings and activities (as needed).
- Work to maximize the ROI of our Production IT infrastructure.
- Process Oriented - Improve internal processes, procedures, and culture – metric driven, improve transparency and responsiveness, proactive vs. reactive, system monitoring, incident tracking, exception management, automation, DevOps, etc.
- Quarterly, participate in assessment of Production IT infrastructure and maintain a summary of the current state/status of all systems.
- Develop effective working relationships with various departments to better understand existing and emerging Production IT requirements (e.g., Development, Client Operations, Support, etc.).
- Work closely with our Information Security team to implement the proper controls, mechanisms, and monitoring necessary to ensure compliance with, and proper execution of, our defined security policies. Provide support for any client risk assessment and remediation activities (as needed).
- Provide effective project management and leadership for Production IT projects including assessment of alternatives, cost analysis, design, planning, scheduling, implementation, and post-mortems.
- Annually, participate in assessments of all third-party vendors that directly or indirectly provide services related to our Production IT infrastructure (according to defined Vendor Management policy).
- Work closely with the Corporate IT infrastructure team to effectively manage any shared infrastructure and ensure consistency of solutions, processes, and technologies (where appropriate).
- Maintain awareness of, and expertise in, the latest production IT trends, issues and requirements. In doing so, continually look to introduce innovations that improve our Production IT infrastructure (commensurate with the needs of the business).
Required Skills & Experience
- 7-10 years overall production IT experience
- 1-2 years as team lead.
- Strong communications skills (verbal, written, and presentation).
- Strong familiarity and experience with Production IT infrastructure innovations, trends, methods and best practices including DevOps, Cloud, and Virtualization.
- 5-10 years experience as Production IT Engineer (e.g., DevOps Engineer, System Administrator/Engineer, etc.). Specifically, strong technical skills and experience with the following:
- Linux System Administration (i.e., RedHat, CentOS)
- Amazon AWS (Expertise, Configuration, Management, Architecture)
- Virtualization (VMWare)
- DevOps (automated promotion processes across environments).
- Familiarity Managing Full SaaS Database Platform – Web, App, DB, Storage, Network.
- 3-5 years experience, knowledge, and familiarity with several of the following:
- Application Server Middleware (e.g., JBoss, WebLogic, etc.)
- FTP Servers (Hosting)
- DNS Servers
- Job Automation (e.g., Cron, GoAnywhere)
- Database Systems (e.g., Oracle, MySQL)
- SAN Subsystems (e.g., EMC XtremeIO, Oracle/Sun ZFS)
- NAS Subsystems
- Tape Backup Systems (e.g., NetBackup)
- Fiber Channel Switches (Brocade)
- Fiber Channel Networking
- Network Configuration and Management – Load Balancers, Routers, Switches (Cisco, FortiNet, PaloAlto, Barracuda VPN)
- Network Security – Firewalls, IDS/IP, DDoS
- Unix Shell Scripting and Automation
- Encryption, Key Management (SSL)
- Co-Location Hosting
- System Hardening and Standardization
- Fault Tolerance, High Availability, Disaster Recovery for Critical Production Systems
- Maintaining Production IT Infrastructure Hardware/Software
- Remote Access Mechanisms (VPN, Remote Desktop)
- Virus/Malware Protection, Intrusion Detection (e.g., CimTrak)
- System Backups (automated, tape, cloud, etc.)
- System Monitoring (e.g., Nagios)
- System Logging (e.g., Syslog, Splunk)
- Performance Monitoring and Capacity Management
- Asset Management, Tracking, and Disposal (Inventory)
- Configuration Management (SSCM, Nessus, etc.)
Optional Skills & Experience
While not required, any experience with one or more of the following are highly desirable (make sure to highlight your experience with these in your resume):
- Software Development Experience
- Networking Certification (Cisco CCNA or equivalent)
- Oracle WebLogic (App Server Environment)
- Oracle Database EE 11g, 12c
- DevOps Tools (e.g., Chef, Puppet, ANT, etc.)
- Sun Solaris (Solaris 10, Solaris 11)
- Sun Sparc Servers (T7-1, T4-1, T2-1, M4000, etc.)
- Sun Sparc Servers (T7-1, T4-1, T2-1, M4000, etc.)
- Atlassian Jira/Confluence
- Microsoft Windows Servers
Undergraduate degree (BS, BA) from accredited university.
A CyberGrants person is...
CyberGrants is successful because of the highly motivated people who work here and their deep enthusiasm for customer service and philanthropy. We recruit individuals whose honesty, integrity, initiative and creative approach to problem solving shines through. Your passion and commitment will inspire your colleagues as you continue to place the client at the center of everything you do.
For consideration, please send résumé & cover letter, with salary requirements to email@example.com.