Title: Software Developer I
Department: Technical Service Delivery – System Support
Type: Full Time / Permanent
CyberGrants is an ambitious, fast-growing and innovative company focused on providing the very best service to our clients. With nearly 20 years of experience supporting corporate and private philanthropy, CyberGrants brings customers an extraordinary wealth of knowledge and services.
Our mission and entrepreneurial spirit attracts passionate and hardworking professionals. We work hard, but have fun while doing so.
- Supports technical components of existing client programs and new client implementations.
- Resolves technical support issues related to custom and standard CG software offering.
- Demonstrates strong troubleshooting skills.
- Defines, develops and supports inbound and outbound data feeds (ASCII/XML) in support of client programs.
- Develops and supports custom report solutions using Oracle Reports in response to ad-hoc requests from clients or CyberGrants Client Managers.
- Responds in a timely manner to issues arising from internal business partners and clients.
- Recommends solutions to better meet customer's needs.
- Educates internal contacts of feature/functions available to them.
- Provides input to department policies and procedures.
- Suggests new or enhanced procedures that improve operational efficiency, developing broad-based solutions when directed.
- Uncovers any existing technical servicing issues and reacts with urgency to resolve in a properly prioritized manner.
- Designs and develops technical components in support of product enhancements as needed.
- Performs comprehensive product evaluations for potential technologies that could be used to enhance the CG software offering as needed.
- Demonstrates broad peripheral vision in design and troubleshooting perspective, considering all angles.
- Demonstrates a strong desire to be a quality individual contributor and team member.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to learn quickly and research new technology or skills area when needed.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the importance of consistent coding.
- Participates openly and constructively in code peer review and other quality control activities.
- Is an excellent communicator and demonstrates full accountability for assigned deliverables, ensuring the requestor is delighted in the outcome.
- Ensures there is more emphasis on learning than advancing.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to be flexible and think out-of-the-box when faced with non-ideal circumstances.
- Identifies potential or disproportionate risk in requests from internal business partner or client requests and recommends alternatives.
Required Skills & Experience
- Ability to generate SQL scripts and stored procedures
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly and independently
- Ability to work effectively individually and on a team
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure while meeting deadlines
- BA from four year college or university or four to six years in related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
For consideration, please send résumé & cover letter, with salary requirements to email@example.com.